The Black Hawk Police Department Records Section is the official repository for all Black Hawk Police Department created criminal justice records. The Records Section ensures Black Hawk Police Department's record information is collected, stored, and disseminated according to Colorado Revised Statutes and Federal Law. The Records Section is the main source for requesting police reports and information from the Black Hawk Police Department. Crime statistics for Black Hawk and other Colorado agencies are reported to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation annually and may be viewed by clicking here and then clicking on "Annual Reports – Crime in Colorado."
If requesting a police report, the following information may be helpful:
- Office hours are Monday thru Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Records releases are accepted and processed during regular business hours, and fees may be assessed depending on the request's size.
- A record release form must contain the signature of the person requesting the report.
- A record release form can be printed from the website, faxed, mailed, or delivered to the police department.
- The Records Section will mail or fax requested reports to the requesting party after receiving a record release authorization.
- The Records Section will release reports within 72 hours unless the request involves additional research or unusual circumstances are surrounding the request.
- Cases under investigation are not releasable because disclosure would be contrary to the public interest. C.R.S., 24-72-305(5).
- Some reports will have information redacted to comply with State law.
- Fingerprints are collected for liquor licenses and Marijuana business licenses for city residents and city businesses only.
Other Agency Records
Colorado State Patrol
1096 McIntyre Street
Golden, CO 80401
Phone: (303) 273-1616
Fax: (303) 273-1607
website (go to Contact and District 6)
Paying Fees and Fines
We accept Visa/Master Card/American Express/Discover or prepaid debit cards.
Click HERE for the fees that will be added to your payment for web or call center payments.
Click HERE to go to GovPayNet and make a payment to the Black Hawk Municipal Court.